Who We Are
Salem Tube is a wholly owned subsidiary of TUBACEX GROUP, one of the leading producers of seamless stainless steel tubing products in the world. This offers the benefits of a well respected international corporation with sales offices throughout the world, as well as an integrated source for materials from start to finish.
Operating in a 185,000 square foot facility, Salem Tube utilizes weld mills and cold draw benches to produce stainless steel and nickel alloy tubing from 1/8” to 2” od in over twenty five different alloys that meet the highest quality standards.
Salem Tube Inc. was established in 1977 in Greenville, PA and became a wholly owned subsidiary of TUBACEX in 1995.
Salem Tube Inc. was established in 1977, located on a 10-acre tract in the Reynolds Industrial Development Park in Greenville, Pa. In 1995, the company became a wholly owned subsidiary of Tubacex, an industrial group founded in 1963 devoted to manufacturing seamless tubes in stainless steel and high-nickel alloys.
The group is headquartered in Llodio, Spain, where it also has industrial facilities, in addition to those located in Ternitz, Austria and Greenville, Pennsylvania – a broad network of sales offices spread around the world.
Interesting Facts about Salem Tube, Inc.
- Salem Tube was purchased by Tubacex Group in 1994.
- Entered the Aerospace market over 25 years ago.
- Salem Tube entered the Nuclear seamless tubing market in 2009, and achieved material organization status and QSC 602 was issued to company.
- An Emo Degreaser was added in 2009 with state-of-the-art technology to further reduce our environmental footprint at the facility.
- In 2012, Salem Tube added in-house NDE capabilities for ultrasonic testing and eddy current testing to meet customers specifications within demanding niche end markets.
- In 2013, Salem Tube Inc. achieved NORSOK Certification M650 and became the first North American small-diameter seamless tubing mill to be awarded this important status for the Oil and Gas sector.
- Salem Tube added plug drawing capabilities in 2013 to further expand our existing size range for aerospace and other high-end applications.
- Salem Tube acquired adjacent property to our site in 2013 and proceeded with site improvements ready for future expansions.
- Salem Tube received NADCAP Certification for Material Testing Laboratory in 2013, followed by Heat treatment in 2014, and NDE is pending approval for 2015.
- A state-of-the-art laboratory was completed in 2014.
- A new finishing building was completed in 2014, increasing our square footage to over 200,000 square feet on-site.